Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Terror is the New Communism: California college student, Islam,Terrorism and Jihad, NewAgeIslam.com

Islam,Terrorism and Jihad
Terror is the New Communism: California college student
by Dennis Prager

For the record, as I believe this to be essential to understanding this young woman’s views, she is a student attending the University of California Santa Barbara.

Truth is she had to be a student at a major university. She would never have come up with “Terror is the new Communism” on her own. It is a moral obscenity that one has to learn.

Of course, there is an irony to this statement. Meant in the opposite way she meant it, I could largely assent to the proposition that terror is the new communism. Communism was an enslaving and murderous threat in its time and the Jihadism is such a threat in our lifetime.

But that is not how this young woman meant the statement. As she has learned history and the contemporary world, communism was a bogeyman in its time and terror is a bogeyman in our time.

When I told her that communism had killed 100 million people, I could not tell if she even processed the words. It was as if had I uttered a series of nonsense syllables. She either didn’t believe me or didn’t care.

On the assumption that I had met a person with a normal conscience, the only rational explanation for her non-reaction is that she didn’t believe me and regarded what I said as right-wing propaganda (just as the belief in that Islamist terror threatens us).

In her belief that neither communism nor terror were/are real threats, I suspect this young woman represents many college students. If one wants to understand what left-wing dominance in university social sciences departments produces, one merely had to meet this young woman.

http://newageislam.com/terror-is-the-new-communism--california-college-student--/islam,terrorism-and-jihad/d/1155


0 comments: