Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spirituality today is definitely the tranquilizer of the rich -- JAVED AKHTAR, Spiritual Meditations

Spiritual Meditations
Spirituality today is definitely the tranquilizer of the rich -- JAVED AKHTAR

There are certain things that I would like to make very clear at the very outset. Don’t get carried away by my name – Javed Akhtar. I am not revealing a secret, I am saying something that I have said many times, in writing or on TV, in public…I am an atheist, I have no religious beliefs. And obviously I don’t believe in spirituality of some kind. Some kind.

Another thing. I am not standing here to criticize, analyze, or attack this gentleman who is sitting here. We have a very pleasant, civilized relation. I have always found him to be an extremely courteous person.

One is talking about an idea, an attitude, a mindset. Not any individual.

I must tell you that when Rajeev opened this session, for a moment I felt that I have come to the wrong place. Because, if we are discussing the philosophy of Krishan and Gautam and Kabir, Vivekanand, then I have nothing to say. I can sit down right now. I am not here to discuss a glorious past of which I suppose every Indian is proud, and rightly so. I am here to discuss a dubious present.

http://newageislam.com/spirituality-today-is-definitely-the-tranquilizer-of-the-rich----javed-akhtar--/spiritual-meditations/d/1438


0 comments: